Hiring New Employees

To initiate the hiring process for a new or vacant position, fill out the Hiring Request or Temp Hire Request form.

Research Scientist positions

For Research Scientist positions, please read the information at the UW's Compensation website for Research Scientists & Engineering positions.

In addition to the JISAO Hiring Request form, write a job description (see UW link above for examples) and complete a Research Scientist questionnaire which you can get from Mary Smith.

For more information

If you are unsure about the type of position you need, contact Mary Smith who can discuss the options with you. Once you fill out the appropriate documents and obtain the required signatures, send the information to Mary via email at mchsmith@u.washington.edu and put the signed originals in the campus mail to her. She will then work with UW Human Resources to post the position on the UWHIRES website and will lead you through the rest of the process.

Since JISAO has mostly Research Scientists on staff, the following information relates directly to that series. If you have another type of position and need salary increase information, check out our Salary Information webpage, call or email Mary Smith at 206-543-5216 - mchsmith@u.washington.edu